This is Totem’s adaptation of the robotics walking principle first invented by Joe Klann in 1994. It is therefore called a “Klann linkage”. As you build, you will learn many cool mechanical principles that may be used in many other projects. Due to advanced engineering, only 2 motors move all 8 Spider’s legs simultaneously.
- RoboBoard X4 - programmable robotics controller for wireless and sensor control
- Control via Smartphone app
- Arduino coding features
- Tools for assembly included
- 1150+ parts to assemble
- Battery and charger included
TotemBUS System is an upcoming system, consisting of various electronics modules, that are compatible with programmable RoboBoard X4 controller. The system will expand the possibilities of the RoboBoard X4 control board, and therefore will give even more fun to the products, which are using the RoboBoard X4, such as the Black Spider and other robots, as well as to your own unique robots. RoboBoard X4 supports the unlimited amount of modules connected at the same time.
The TotemBUS System will contain such modules:
- Distance sensor - using lasers for measuring distances to obstacles
- Buttons and potentiometers - for adding user input to your creations
- Display - showing data, graphics and plots
- White line sensor - for making your robot drive across a marked track
- Audio module - making your robot able to understand, record sounds as well as have a voice of his own
- And many more to come!