The Raspberry Pi Camera Module 2 can be used to take high-definition videos and photos. The camera is easy to use, but also has a lot to offer advanced users, such as time-lapse, slow-motion and other smart video features.
The camera supports 1080p30, 720p60 and VGA90 video modes and can also take photos. The camera connects to the CSI port on your Raspberry Pi via a ribbon cable.
The camera works with all Raspberry Pi models, only for use with a Raspberry Pi Zero you will need an adapter cable. The camera is accessible through the MMAL and V4L APIs.
As of January 2022, the camera comes with a focus tool.
- Fixed focus lens on-board
- 8 megapixel native resolution sensor-capable of 3280 x 2464 pixel static images
- Supports 1080p30, 720p60 and 640x480p90 video
- Size 25mm x 23mm x 9mm
- Weight just over 3g
- Connects to the Raspberry Pi board via a short 15cm ribbon cable (supplied)
- Camera v2 is supported in the latest version of Raspbian, Raspberry Pi's preferred operating system